Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Big Day




These pics are from the day my locs were born September 10, 2007! I am a die-hard do-it-yourselfer so I did my own 3 day install of my braidlocs. 3 days sounds like a long time, but I have so many responsibilities that consumed that time. I didn't record how much time I used over that period to actually braid. I enjoy braiding. It relaxes me so it was no big deal.

My daughter helped me with my parting and it was meticulous. Just the way I wanted them.

I studied and lurked on sites for the longest gleaning all the info I could. I educated myself with a little-bit-from here and there. Braidlocs was the better choice for me for several reasons. I could control the size of my loc. I could immediately wash my locs if I wanted to (and I did). I could maintain the locs myself (I interlock)thereby save $. I could have all the versatility of other methods of microlocs.

I locked my DH 2 years ago with the same method and have enjoyed creating some amazing locs for him that are now past his shoulders.

Now I'm married to 430 babies and I love each one of them! I struggled with maintaining my hair loose because of the tight curl pattern I have (4C). However, locs have liberated me and given me freedom that I never imagined possible!

1 comment:

The Nappturous Diva said...

Congratulations! Your locs look beautiful (especially the parting - EXPERT!),and after seeing your banner, I hope Nappturosity helped you in your journey! Feel free to connect with me at naturalsuccessnetwork.com.

Blessings,
erinshellanthony