Thursday, June 19, 2008

African American Owned Beauty Supply




It's hard to get into the game of beauty supply when you look like us even though we are the people buying the products. It's crazy! The desire for cooperative economics not only seems justifiable but logical.

Well, if you live in the DFW area, let me introduce you to Hairport Beauty Supply and Accesories.

This is a 100% black owned beauty supply, but the owners will tell u of the challenges they had getting into the business. It was not easy! However, the satisfaction of creating successful relationships with vendors who produce black hair care products was worth it. They are open to procuring products that they may not currently shelve at your request.

They own a well-stocked, clean and welcoming store at 8020 Matlock, Suite 110 in Arlington, Texas. They are at the corner of Matlock and Turner Warnell. Their # is 817.539.7555.

When you walk in you are greeted warmly then engulfed by the sounds of contemporary gospel music. I even noticed a bible opened to Psalms by the register. Upon departure, I received lots of free samples, thank you's and I love you's. You won't get that at some of the other beauty supplies :-)

Even greater, they are opening a restaurant next door to the beauty supply featuring hot dogs and philly steaks but also kosher and vegetarian food.


Let's stop in and show some love to these progressive entrepreneurs!

7 comments:

Trip said...

Hello I would love for you to contact me at 313 673 6903 I just moved to the west coast and I am looking to open a beauty supply store here but I'm finding the hardest time to locate vendors your knowledge and experience would be greatly appreciated in this area thank you God bless

Sincerely Trip.

Unknown said...

Hello there Hannah, I'm Eyedinity a fellow braidlocker, I just happen to be a newbie. I just wanted to show some love and say that your hair looks beautiful. I would love to get some precious gems of knowledge from you from time to time so please stop by my blog or my fotki if you can. Be well!

Hannah Ranay's said...

Trip-

I suggest you call the storeowner in the post. I included their number. She can give u all of the info u may need.

Eyedinity-

I love your loc babies. They are gorgeous and how I envy the lenghth u started with. Though, I must say I enjoy mine at this funky stage.

Your blog is great. I'll try to link u to mine.

Stay Blessed

Unknown said...

I've got you linked! Thanks for your kindest words! Until next time...

Linda said...

What a hair store for us by us!!! Hooray, What a novel concept. All kidding aside, it only makes sense. It is like going to get soul food and someother ethnic group besides African Americans are in the kitchen cooking. Hats off to the owners of this establishment. By the way your hair looks great. Keep encouraging others and be blessed...

Aundrea said...

Tra' gave me your blog info because I am interested in getting braidlocks. Please contact me at dubswife@gmail.com if you don't mind.

NappiNish said...

Hi Hannah I started my braidlocs a month ago and I'm really digging your locs, they are truly wonderful. That style really fits you nicely and it's something that can be worn during the 9-5 and a night out on the town as well. I have so much to look forward to :)
I'm tagging your lovely locs !