Thursday, June 12, 2008

Loc Meeting in the Ladies Room



Okay, really this meeting was out in the heat that's why we all look so shiny. BUT, I had the awesome honor of meeting Chocolocs (middle) and Creyole (right) is one of my loc idols. Creyole's sisterlocks r growin like a weed!!!!!!!!! Just beautiful!

Chocolocs was visiting my city for a wedding and chose to worship at my church with the family prior to the wedding. Someone pointed out some FIERCE sisterlocks to me in the congregation and it was her. After church, I tracked her down (Creyole was already talkin' to her) and we had a great time discussing our hair freedom. She couldn't believe that I did my own install and that my microbraidlocs evolved into locs.

I scolded her for not updating her blog because her hair has grown so much since her last photos on her blog. She promises that she has some pics instore for us so I can't wait to see them.

It was a pleasure to meet you Chocolocs and continued happy lockin.

4 comments:

Chocolocs said...

Hannah Ranay

I was flattered to know that you read my blog and have been checking for updates! You have definitely motivated me to update my Site. I have recently posted quite a few blogs and my goal is to fill in the ten month gap so that I can accurately chronicle my Sister Lock journey. It was so lovely meeting you and Creole last week. In a comment on Creole’s blog, Linda suggested having an SDA SisterLocks meet and greet at the next General Conference in Atlanta. I hope it happens; I’d love to be there.

You did an excellent job on your locks! Keep blogging, I’m looking forward to see how they’ll change as they mature!

gruvon said...

Hannah this is Bilal and I must say that I am enjoying your blog this is the first time I had a chance to at since meeting you at the nature walk. Keep up the good work.
one luv bilal

gruvon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Audrey's Pleasure said...

oh my god! your looks are gorgeous. i can't believe you started them yourself. if you didn't say they weren't sisterlocs, i would have assumed they were. awesome job you did. you love your hair and it shows!