Tuesday, June 17, 2008

FRED HAMMOND

Fred Hammond! These two words spoken together instantly bring a smile to my face. All who know me know that he is my ABSOLUTE favorite. I am truly fanatic about his ministry. Since 1998, his ministry has blessed me in ways I could never articulate. His music is real and righteous. Passionate and compassionate. Transparent and authentic. I saw a bulletin board from the highway and spotted his picture literally about a mile a way. When I got closer and learned he would be doing a free concert about a month later, I knew where I would be on that date. I arrived for the concert two and half hours early and I enjoyed the concert from the 4th center row. It was WONDERFUL! Since this is a hair blog, I must say that I was dissappointed that he cut his locks. I haven't heard through the media why yet. I was feelin those locs! They seemed to add even more intrigue to this wonderful man. Oh well, I continue to be inspired and uplifted by Fred and his contribution to the body of Christ. During the concert I yelled, "I love you, Fred!" And he responded, "I love you, too!" Talk about whipped!!!

No comments: